Sign up to receive project email updates or text messages so you can stay aware of traffic impacts and construction schedules.
Aug. 12, 2022 update
Thank you for doing your part by driving safely though the work zones. Your efforts help keep workers and other motorists safe.
- Crews are working to install the box culvert, or concrete structure for drainage, near Sarnia St.
- Starting next week, crews will pave Hwy 43 near the Kwik Trip.
- The Hwy 43/61 roundabout is open to traffic. You may experience some traffic delays during commute times, especially along Hwy 43/Mankato Ave, which continues to have temporary traffic signals.
- Watch out for short-term closures at Parks Ave South and North. When one road is closed, another will remain open onto Mankato Ave, as well as Riverbend Rd.
- Through traffic on East Lake Blvd and Sugar Loaf Rd has reopened. Please observe speed limits along these roads, which also connect to Hwy 43 South.
- All businesses can be accessed through the work zone.
Want to know more about roundabouts?
- The Hwy 43/61 roundabout is open. Here are a few things to remember:
- As you approach, look for the signs that indicate the correct lane to be in.
- Generally, if you are going to the right or through, you'd want to be in the outside lane. If you are going to eventually exit on the third turn (what would have been a left turn at a four-way stop), you should be in the inside or left lane.
- Stay in your lane while traveling through the roundabout, but be alert for vehicles that may move into the other lane.
- Signal your turn when you exit.
- Watch a video to learn some tips about roundabouts and how to navigate them as a pedestrian
- Watch a video about how to navigate a multi-lane roundabout
- Access additional MnDOT resources about roundabouts, including research and videos
- Check out the State of Wisconsin's great roundabout resources
Questions? Here's who to contact:
- Businesses that have questions or concerns about access may contact Hoffman Construction’s access manager, Kyle Pedersen, at 715-896-2038. You can also get on Kyle’s email list by clicking here.
- Mike Dougherty: Director of Public Engagement and Communications, 507-251-2749
- Mark Anderson: Project Manager, 507-205-6400