- Starting April 11, Hwy 29 will close between CR 28 and Hwy 55.
- Hwy 55 will remain open throughout construction as part of the detour route.
- Detour to/from Glenwood until mid-June: CR 28 and Hwy 55
- Detour to/from Starbuck thru October: CR 28 and Hwy 114
Traffic changes starting in June
- Traffic to be switched to new Hwy 55 alignment
- Hwy 29 to close on both sides of Hwy 55 intersection
- Detour to/from Glenwood mid-June thru October: CR 28, Hwy 55 and Hwy 28
The Minnesota Department of Transportation and Pope County are partnering on a project to build an overpass at the junction of Hwy 29 and Hwy 55. The overpass will eliminate an “at grade” crossing with the CP Railway System.
The project will also eliminate the existing and undesirable skewed intersection of Hwy 29 and Hwy 55, moving the junction south to 160th Street and giving the intersection a perpendicular approach. Two roundabouts will be constructed as part of this project, one on Highway 29 and one on Highway 55 at the intersections with 160th Street. The entire project will take two construction seasons to complete.