Watch for workers and equipment as they prepare work areas along Hwy 55 in Brooten and Belgrade. There will be multiple teams working in both towns. Sign up for Hwy 55 email updates
ROADWORK: Begins Monday, April 12
Here's what to expect through late-May:
Hwy 55 Brooten
- April 12 through April 15: Both directions of Hwy 55 to encounter single-lane closures as crews widen the road at School Ave. and prepare the work zone between School Ave. and Railroad Ave.
- April 15 through April 26: Westbound Hwy 55 will close and detour northwest along Railway Ave., Second Ave. and School Ave. Eastbound Hwy 55 will encounter periodic stops with flaggers as crews replace pipes beneath the road.
- April 26 through late-May: Eastbound Hwy 55 will close and detour southeast along Western Ave. S and Roe St. Westbound will continue to detour northwest along Railway Ave, Second Ave. and School Ave.
- Pedestrians will encounter sidewalk closures along Hwy 55, follow detour signs.
Hwy 55 Belgrade
- April 12 through April 23: Motorists will encounter flaggers with alternate one-way traffic as crew’s set-up the work zone and install pipes beneath the road between Langdon Ave. and Borgerding Ave
- April 23 through late May: Both directions of Hwy 55 will shift to the south side of the road to reconstruct the north side of Hwy 55, which includes the westbound lane, shoulder and sidewalk
- Pedestrians will encounter sidewalk closures along Hwy 55, follow detour signs
Local access open
Hwy 55 will be open and maintained to those who live, work or visit Brooten and Belgrade. However, expect changes and watch for directional signs when navigating through the area. Call your destination ahead of time for directions