Plan to see roadwork on Hwy 55 in Brooten and Belgrade through July 2021. There will be multiple teams working in both towns. Watch for workers and equipment and follow signs.
Hwy 55 Brooten
- In progress: Westbound Hwy 55 closed and detoured northwest along Railway Ave., Second Ave. and School Ave. Eastbound Hwy 55 will encounter periodic stops with flaggers as crews replace pipes beneath the road
- Begins Tues, May 4: Eastbound Hwy 55 will close and detour southeast along Western Ave. S and Roe St. Westbound will continue to detour northwest along Railway Ave, Second Ave. and School Ave.
- Pedestrians will encounter sidewalk closures along Hwy 55, follow detour signs.
Hwy 55 Belgrade
- Through late May: Both directions of Hwy 55 are shifted to the south side of the road to reconstruct the north side of Hwy 55, which includes the westbound lane, shoulder and sidewalk between Langdon Ave. and Borgerding Ave.
- Access to Washburn Ave will remain open until mid-May.
- Pedestrians will encounter sidewalk closures along Hwy 55, follow detour signs
Brooten and Belgrade open for business
Hwy 55 will be open and maintained to those who live, work or visit Brooten and Belgrade. However, expect changes and watch for directional signs when navigating through the area.