Current - Fall 2022
- Southbound I-35 right lane closures will occur between Garfiled Avenue and 24th Avenue West throughout May .
- All ramps between 27th Avenue West and 5th Avenue West are closed.
- Southbound I-35 traffic is routed onto Lower Michigan Street near Garfield Avenue and back onto I-35 just north of 27th Avenue West.
- Northbound I-35 traffic is routed onto the existing southbound lanes of I-35.
- A temporary Traffic Signal is in operation at the intersection of Piedmont and 24th Avenue West.
Detours are in place. To avoid heavy traffic anticipated on Garfield Avenue, we strongly encourage use of the Bong Bridge.
The Cross City Trail along Lower Michigan Street is closed and detoured from Spring 2021 to 2024. The city of Duluth has a detour in place.
The ramps connecting I-35 to I-535 will re-open.
All roadways and ramps will open on the final roadway.
There will be lane closures for finishing work on I-35.