- Southbound I-35 will be in single lane configuration though Oct. Northbound is two lanes. Those traveling southbound, especially on the weekends, should consider an alternate route because there will be backed up traffic.
- 21st Avenue West between 1st Street and 3rd Street will be closed through the month of September.
- Michigan Street remains closed between 20th Ave. West and 23rd Ave West.
- Traffic to and from Port Terminal Drive, is being detoured onto Helberg Drive through the 2023 construction season.
- 20th Ave. West between West 3rd Street and 19th Ave. West remains closed.
- All ramps to Hwy 53 and I-535 are closed.
Detours are in place. To avoid heavy traffic anticipated on Garfield Avenue, we strongly encourage use of the Bong Bridge.
The Cross City Trail along Lower Michigan Street is closed and detoured from Spring 2021 to 2024. The city of Duluth has a detour in place.
Late fall 2023
I-35 will open to traffic on new configuration. Ramps connecting 535 to/from I-35 will open. Ramps connecting to/from Hwy 53 will remain closed.
There will be lane closures for finishing work on I-35.
Ramps connecting to/from Hwy 53 will open