Collaborative and subcommittees
The DBE and Workforce Collaborative is an advisory group to MnDOT. The group’s mission is to increase the diversity of firms and people working on MnDOT highway projects. The Collaborative has several subcommittees. The subcommittees focus on different strategies to develop and support Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBEs) and BIPOC and women workers.
- Plans the full Collaborative meetings
- Completes the Collaborative’s yearly goals
- Tracks the tasks of the other committees.
- Reviews highway construction projects
- Reviews workforce goals
- Reviews progress in hiring women and people of color
- Identifies worksite issues related to workforce diversity
- Develops recommendations to ensure construction worksites are respectful and welcoming to all
- Identifies issues related to building capacity, use and sustainability of DBE firms
- Makes recommendations
- Identifies recruitment strategies and educational opportunities