MnDOT's Traffic Mapping Application is an interactive web tool that allows users to explore spatial traffic data
Due to the LRS project, background route updates have not been made in this application since 2013. An update to this application is scheduled for Summer of 2019.
The interactive map allows you to select where you would like to view data at a larger scale. Many layers are scale dependent and will not appear until the map is zoomed in far enough. Once in the Traffic Mapping Application viewer, click the buttons in the right of the menu bar to help locate data and expand viewer functionality.
Look at the viewer's HELP Doc
Available Layers Include:
Web Browser Requirements:
Internet Explorer 6.x and higher is recommended for best results when using this website but Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari and Netscape will work.
* Instructions to allow the application to run using Windows 8 and Internet Explorer 10...
- Run the browser in Compatibility View and add state.mn.us in Compatibility View Settings
- On the Command Bar at the top of the screen, go to Tools... Compatibility View Settings and add state.mn.us. Click add and close.
- Go to Tools again... check Compatibility View
Viewing the Site:
This site is best viewed at a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher with colors set to thousands or higher.
Pop-up blocking will need to be disabled or this site needs to allow pop-ups in order for you to print any maps. See the next information section below.
Pop-up blocking needs to be disabled in order for you to use all features available on this website. You can also add this site to your list of sites where pop-ups are allowed.
- In Internet Explorer, go to Tools... Pop-up Blocker Settings and add mndotgis.dot.state.mn.us. Click add and close.
- In Google Chrome, go to Chrome menu on toolbar... Settings... Show advanced settings... in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button... In the "Pop-ups" section, click Manage exceptions... add mndotgis.dot.state.mn.us.
- In Firefox go to Tools... Options... Web Features and add mndotgis.dot.state.mn.us as an allowed site.
Use of this document is subject to MnDOT's disclaimers, legal notices, and policies found at: