Federal aid agreement payment process
- Local Public Agency (LPA) prepares agreement payment request for 100 percent of eligible costs
- Sample bill (Word)
- Backup documentation
- Cancelled checks (right-of-way agreements only)
- Anything that documents the amount of funds spent for the project
- LPA signs the coversheet and sends packet to District State Aid Engineer (DSAE)
- DSAE reviews, signs, and dates coversheet. Forwards packet to SALT.
- SALT reviews agreement and billing documentation
- Check date of authorization and encumbrance vs. date of billing
- Check documentation submitted
- Check type of work performed vs. project memo
- Check charges, addition etc. of billing
- SALT prepares request for payment form
- SALT makes copies of sample bill (Word) and request for payment form to the following:
- Originals to State Aid Finance
- Copies to DSAE
- Copies to LPA if a portion of payment is denied
- SALT makes copies of all documentation submitted, including sample bill (Word) and request for
- SALT forward one set to MnDOT Audit
- SALT retains one set for their file
- If the request is a final payment, SALT requests final audit.
- For contracts for PE or CE which exceed $50,000 a preaward audit must be performed prior to
the LPA signing the contract with the consultant providing services.
- Send LPA preaward audit forms (PDF). LPA forwards to the prime consultant. Each subconsultant
should fill out the forms as well.
- Preaward forms returned to SALT agreements engineer. They copy and forward to MnDOT
audit with information from contractors.
- Audit reviews and shares recommendations with SALT agreements engineer. They will in turn share them with the LPA.
- LPA and consultant modify agreement as desired and execute contracts.