Planning assistance grant solicitation
Solicitation not currently open.
Since 2006, MnDOT has funded SRTS planning at over 388 schools across Minnesota. SRTS plans have been used engage community stakeholders to successfully to identify barriers and opportunities for youth to walk and bicycle to school and to leverage significant investments in infrastructure and non-infrastructure solutions.
MnDOT’s planning assistance grant provides planning expertise and plan development support to schools. Planning is completed by the local regional development organization, metropolitan planning organization, or the statewide SRTS planning consultant team. MnDOT will contract directly with the planning organizations and consultant. Applicants should be prepared to supply:
- A list of the applicant’s SRTS team
- Summary of SRTS work to date
- Description of the community’s ability to implement a plan
- If known, the number of children who currently walk and bicycle to school
- Letters of support from the school and local government organizations
Basics of Safe Routes to School planning
If you are interested in learning more about the Safe Routes to School planning process and how it might support your community, there are three Safe Routes Planning 101 webinars available on the Minnesota Safe Routes to School Resource Center.