Safe Routes Minnesota provides funding to community and school groups to make improvements to the routes your children use to walk and bike to school.
Join our email list
2013 Safe Routes to School Awards Announced
Check out the updated grants page for information on the grants awarded for 2013. $3.8 million was awarded to 105 schools in 61 communities for infrastructure, non-infrastructure implementation, and planning assistance applications.
School program webinars
Join MnDOT staff and Alta Planning + Design for a series of three webinars on Safe Routes to School programs. School teams are encouraged to watch webinars together and discuss implementation plans afterwards.
Walk and Bike to School Maps webinar
- http://mndot.adobeconnect.com/p30v3ot8tlq/ (Online video)
- Script for Walk and Bike to School Maps webinar (PDF, .1 MB)
- Slides for Walk and Bike to School Maps webinar (PDF, 4 MB)
Walk and Bike to School Day Events webinar
- http://mndot.adobeconnect.com/p6d120kyo8v/ (Online video)
- Script for Walk and Bike to School Day Events webinar (PDF, .1 MB)
- Slides for Walk and Bike to School Day Events webinar (PDF, 6 MB)
Encouragement Programs: Trip Tracking and Competitions webinar
- http://mndot.adobeconnect.com/p93klohx1ut/ (Online video)
- Script for Encouragement Programs webinar (PDF, .1 MB)
- Slides for Encouragement Programs webinar (PDF, 7 MB)
Evalutation tool and resources
The new evaluation tool and resources includes:
- SRTS Neighborhood Assessment Survey and Guide
- Link and information on completing hand tallies
- Additional evaluation tools and information will be added as well