Public Open Houses
Three open houses have been held for this project. Open houses were held in September 2013, February 2014, and June 2014.
Stakeholder involvement and public outreach opportunities
The following stakeholder involvement and public outreach opportunities were held during the study:
- Study Advisory Committee – Representatives from MnDOT, Anoka County, Metropolitan Council, and the cities of Ramsey, Anoka and Elk River met six times to guide and provide input on the study’s findings, evaluation and recommendations.
- Design Charette – A group of technical experts from MnDOT and the Federal Highway Administration met with Study Advisory Committee members to review the problem statement, study objectives and to brainstorm potential improvement concepts for consideration.
- Business and Property Owner Meetings – These were held in both Ramsey and Anoka on three occasions to review the problem statement, solicit input on improvement concepts and the prioritization of improvements into implementation timeframes.
- Ramsey and Anoka City Council Meetings – Updates were provided to both city councils in October/November and April to review improvement concept, public and stakeholder feedback and the implementation plan.
- Anoka County Board Meeting – Update was provided to the Anoka County Board of Commissioners on June 2014 to review improvement concepts, public and stakeholder feedback and the implementation plan.