17th Annual TERRA Pavement Conference
The presentations and other information are currently available online.
Schedule of Materials Control
The Schedule of Materials Control outlines the minimum sampling and testing rates required for most materials used in MnDOT highway construction. It is inserted into project proposals, and is project specific.
Lab Testing & Inspections Rates
Rates Memo: MnDOT performs sampling, testing, & inspections for State, County, City, and other governmentally funded transportation projects. Other governmental agencies are required to reimburse MnDOT for this work. This is outlined in the Sampling, Testing, & Inspections Memo. (PDF 137KB).
Current Rates: (Effective June 1, 2014) for sampling, testing, & inspection are outlined in the Laboratory, Field Testing, and Inspection Rates (PDF 49KB).
Former rates through May 31, 2014 (PDF 93KB).
MnDOT's Schedule of Independent Assurance Sampling and Testing Protocol is used by Independent Assurance Personnel on all Federal Aid Construction Projects. The Independent Assurance Program provides a check on testing equipment and procedures for construction projects.
Independent Assurance Inspector Group
Contact the MnDOT District Independent Assurance Inspector (PDF 17KB) when project starts to provide the proper servicing of your project.
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Grading and Base
- Lab Testing and Inspection
- Pavement Design
- Pavement Management
- Seasonal Load Limits
Materials Project Certification
The Mn/DOT Pavement Engineer will call a meeting of the Grading and Base, Concrete and Bituminous Units to determine the project certifications to be reviewed for the past year. Materials Compliance Review Procedure
Project criteria for rating includes the following:
- 1 or 2 projects from each resident/construction office.
- They might be small, medium or large projects.
- All will have either grading & base or bituminous or concrete items or a combination of the specialists’ items.
- The candidate list will only include projects that have been certified by their respective district offices.
2008 Materials Review
Project Reviews include the following:
- Check for compliance with the Schedule of Materials Control.
- Check for compliance with “out-of-tolerance” testing.
- Check for the completion of all required forms, i.e., failure, out-of-tolerance, monthly grading & base reports, daily concrete reports, technical certifications of project personnel, documentation for material price reductions, etc.
Project Material Certification Forms List and Definitions
Materials Certification Exceptions Form (PDF file)
Materials Certification Exceptions Summary (TP-02171-04)
Materials Certification Exceptions Definitions
Explanation of Project Cert Summary Forms
Project Certification Summary (Excel file)
Project Certification Summary for Bituminous Contractor (Word Doc)
Project Certification Summary for Bituminous Agency (Word Doc)
Project Certification Summary for Concrete Field (Word Doc)
Project Certification Summary for Concrete Plant (Word Doc)
Project Certification Summary for Grading and Base (Word Doc)
Project Certification Summary for Miscellaneous Items (Word Doc)