- District 8 construction projects
- Hwy 7/22 Cosmos to Hutchinson-COMPLETED
- Hwy 12 Willmar-COMPLETED
- Hwy 14 Florence, Tracy
- Hwy 24 Litchfield to Hwy 15-COMPLETED
- Hwy 274 South of Granite Falls-COMPLETED
- Hwy 23 Saratoga Street in Marshall
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes
- Hwy 23 Gap: New London to Paynesville
- Hwy 23 Gap: Paynesville to Richmond
- Hwy 23 & Kandiyohi County Road 5
- Willmar Rail Connector & Industrial Access Project: Willmar Wye Concept
- Hwy 12 Willmar Corridor
- Manufacturers' Perspective Pilot Study
Click on your region below for more information, or use this City Listing to find your MnDOT district.
District 8 — Southwest Minnesota
About District 8
District 8 serves Chippewa, Kandiyohi, Lac qui Parle, Lincoln, Lyon, McLeod, Meeker, Murray, Pipestone, Redwood, Renville, and Yellow Medicine counties. These 12 counties in southwest Minnesota comprise as District 8 of MnDOT.
Combined, these 12 counties represent 10 percent of the total land area in the state and just under five percent of the total population. Read more about District 8 (PDF, 154 KB).
The MnDOT team in District 8 plans, designs, constructs and maintains the state and federal highway systems within district boundaries. We also manage the aid and assistance given to county and city systems that qualify for state and federal dollars. District 8 provides transit, trail and rail transportation services as well.
We initiated and continue to promote the Southwest Minnesota Toward Zero Deaths program, which aims to eliminate serious injuries and deaths due to traffic issues. Eighty percent of District 8’s capital resources over the next 10 years will be invested in system preservation to ensure a safe and reliable transportation system.