Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2016 construction project map
- Future Projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 Open Houses
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes: Tuesday, May 17 at the Cottonwood Community Center (142 West Main Street) from 4:30-6 p.m.
- Hwy 23 North Gap: Thursday, May 19 at St. Peter and Paul Church (111 Central Ave. N) in Richmond from 4-6 p.m.
- Hwy 23 Safety Assessment Pop-Up Event: Monday, May 23 at the Marshall YMCA (200 S A St.) from 4-7 p.m.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes: Tuesday, May 17 at the Cottonwood Community Center (142 West Main St.) from 4:30-6:00 p.m.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes: Tuesday, May 31 at the Clara City building (215 1st. NW) from 4:30-5:30 p.m.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes:Tuesday, May 31 at the Raymond Community Center (314 Spicer Ave) from 6-7 p.m.
- Marshall Hwy 23 Safety Assessment: Tuesday, June 7 at the Marshall-Lyon County Library (201 C St.) from 4-6 p.m.
Hwy 23 South Gap - New London to Paynesville Public Hearing
A 30-day public comment period for the EAW will begin on May 2, 2016. The purpose of the open house is to provide citizens the opportunity to comment on the EAW. Project staff will be available at the open house to answer questions and take comments. Individuals or representatives of organizations are encouraged to submit written comments prior to 4:00 p.m. on June 1, 2016. The EAW can be obtained electronically or a hard copy can be picked up at the MN Department of Transportation Willmar Office (2505 Transportation Rd.) or the Willmar Public Library (410 5th St. SW).
District 8 News
- The Marshall Area Hwy 23 Safety Assessment is in full swing. Take the survey and map out your suggestions for Hwy 23 through Marshall.
- MnDOT hosted its third open house in Litchfield for the Hwy 12 Downtown Litchfield Study. Catch up on where the study is at.
- MnDOT kicked off the 2016 transportation construction season on Thursday, April 14th at 9 am. For information visit the 2016 construction kickoff webpage.
- Want to know more about District 8 construction projects? Click on projects or 2016 map for more information.
- Missed the Hwy 23 Safety Assessment Open House? View the presentation.
- MnDOT has made the decision to pursue replacement of the Milan Bridge. For more information visit the web-page and read the March 2016 update.
- Missed the Willmar Wye open house? All open house materials, including both layouts are available on the web-page.