Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- 2016 construction project map
- Future Projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
Motorists traveling near Milan will encounter a short detour on September 13 and 14 as Twin Cities and Western Railroad Company (TCWR) will be working on the railroad crossing (near the intersection of Highway 40 and Highways 7 & 59) and MnDOT will be overlaying the road leading up to the crossing. The detour route will take vehicles on Chippewa County Road 13 to Highway 29 and then north to Highway 40.
- The southern passing lanes are now complete.
- The detour (stage 1) from Raymond to Clara City has been removed and traffic is moving freely.
- Light work remains on Hwy 9 New London to Sunburg. Project is almost complete.
- Motorists can anticipate short delays in Marshall. Two resurfacing (Hwy 19 & Hwy 23) projects have begun. Both projects are being done under traffic utilizing a pilot car with flagger. Both projects are expected to be complete Sept.9, 2016.
- Hwy 14 SD state line to Lake Benton - Detour was removed the evening of August 18. Paving work will be done under traffic with a pilot car and flagger.
- Hwy 23 Passing Lanes - Hwy 23 detour from Granite Falls to Cottonwood went into effect Wednesday, July 20. Project is anticipated to be complete in two weeks, weather permitting.
- You can view the Hwy 23 Safety Assessment presentation anytime and materials are available on the webpage.
- We are looking for an Assistant Traffic Engineer to work out of the Willmar office. If you are interested please visit mn.gov/mmb/careers/
- Did you miss the Willmar Wye open house? Check out the materials!
- Did you miss the open house on the upcoming concrete rehabs? Check out the project webpage!
- MnDOT has issued its Findings of Fact and Conclusions on the Hwy 23 New London to Paynesville 2-Lane to 4-Lane Conversion Project. Check out the document for more information or visit the project webpage.