Traveling in the southwest
Traffic and roads
- Construction projects, plans, and studies
- 2021 construction projects map (pdf)
- Districtwide and maintenance projects
- Navigate Minnesota with 511
- Truck permits
District 8 news
- Following guidance from state health officials about protecting the health and well-being of Minnesotans and preventing further spread of COVID-19, the Minnesota Department of Transportation has postponed all scheduled public meetings and project open houses statewide.
- Road work continues to be a critical service. MnDOT is committed to protecting the health, safety and well-being of its employees, contractors and all Minnesotans. Crews continue to follow the guidance of state and federal health officials to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- After extensive study and work with the community, the decision has been made to reroute Hwy 67 between Granite Falls and Echo. Visit the project webpage to learn more about the decision and the new route.