About this project
Highway 91 paving to start April 15
Construction on Highway 91 from Adrian to Russell is expected to resume around April 15, weather permitting, with paving beginning in Adrian. Completion of the entire project is expected by late June.
The remaining work on Highway 91 includes final paving, culvert lining, lighting, seeding and striping and will take place with no detour. Flaggers/pilot cars will be present in Adrian to assist pedestrians and traffic during the paving operation.
Motorists are advised to expect brief delays, use caution throughout the project and watch for workers, equipment and traffic control devices.
Summary of work
The Hwy 91 construction includes resurfacing from the northern Nobles County line (County Road 72) to the southern Adrian city limits.
Find information on a related Hwy 91 project from the Nobles/Murray County line to Russell also scheduled for construction in 2019.
Construction project includes:
- Replace two rural box culvert bridges (14.8 miles north of Adrian and 5.5. miles north of Adrian)
- Repair erosion and clean culverts
- Replace and repair culverts
- Detour for bridge and culvert replacement
- Resurface pavement
- Replace sections of poor sidewalk and upgrade pedestrian ramps to meet ADA (American Disability Act) requirements
- Install right turn lanes at Nobles County Road 14
- Add lighting at some rural County Road intersections (County Roads 14, 16, 18 and 20)
- Replace driveway skirts where there are poor sidewalk conditions