- April - Windom to Mountain Lake four-lane expansion resumes
- NO DETOUR during construction of two additional lanes built to the northwest of existing lanes
- Project has experienced record rains and completion has been delayed until December
- Traffic has shifted to the new lanes for resurfacing on the old lanes
- Fall - 510th Street closure for about two weeks for realignment (Timing to be coordinated with POET) Starts October 9.
- Varying dates - roads intersecting with new Hwy 60 will experience closures
- Project will restrict maximum lane width to 10 feet during construction
About this project
Summary of work
Complete four-lane expansion of Hwy 60 from Windom to St. James which includes:
- Two new westbound lanes to the north of existing two-lane section in Windom to Mountain Lake (West Gap) 8 miles.
- Intersection lighting upgraded at three intersections and removed at two intersections (Cottonwood CR 46 and 47) due to county policy.
- Highway design at Clear Lake in partnership with Department of Natural Resources
- Highway ditches and medians to be planted with native prairie grasses
- Highway design will help mitigate blowing snow
- Snow fences are a potential addition to this project (cost dependent)
- Two new eastbound lanes to the south of existing two-lane section in Butterfield to St. James (East Gap) 6 miles (COMPLETE)
- Two new eastbound lanes to the south of existing two-lane section in Mountain Lake to Butterfield (Middle Gap) 5 miles (COMPLETE)
Total Project Cost
- East Gap $16.6 million
- Middle Gap $13 million
- West Gap $26.5 million