Hwy 60 four-lane expansion
- From Bigelow bypass at the Iowa state line to
I-90 at Worthington
- 2010 to 2013
- Phase 1 2010-2012
- Phase 2 2011-2012
- Phase 3 2012-2013
- $74 million
Hwy 60 construction in Worthington begins May 8
- 2013 will be final season for Hwy 60 road construction
Work remaining south of the new Union Pacific RRbridge includes center median work, trail paving, additional lighting and final pavement markings. Retaining wall construction and finishing work will continue in the spring at the bridge itself.
Work from the new railroad bridge to I-90 will include pavement reconstruction and construction of two additional roundabouts, and one signalized intersection.
A separate contract for landscaping will take place in 2014.
2013 traffic impacts
- Highway 59 - Traffic detoured west to County Road 10.
- Highway 60 - Traffic detoured east on County Roads 35 and 3 and 36.
- Hwy 59/60 Detour Map
Thank you to the community of Worthington for your patience and understanding during this multi-year project. Only one more year of detours!
- Improved safety with four-lane divided highway design
- Increased highway capacity and reduced traffic congestion