- Construction underway (started June 18) (Continues in 2019)
- EB and WB Hwy 60 traffic reduced to a single lane
- No detour for Hwy 60 through traffic is expected
- Expect periodic bridge closures, including:
- Hwy 4/County Rd 27
- County Road 12
- Expect periodic ramp closures, including:
- EB and WB Hwy 60 ramps to and from Hwy 4/County Rd 57
- EB and WB Hwy 60 ramps to and from Hwy 4/County Rd 27
- WB Hwy 60 ramps to and from County Rd 12
Map of construction staging and traffic flow
About this project
The Hwy 60 Watonwan County resurfacing project is a 12.9 mile resurfacing project that begins just 1.2 miles west of the Hwy 4 and Hwy 60 interchange and ends at the Hwy 15 junction.
A construction open house for the public was held on Monday, June 11, from 4:30-6:30pm in St. James.
Summary of work
- Resurfacing the existing eastbound (EB) and westbound (WB) pavement
- Resurfacing EB and WB ramps
- Constructing a crossover at the west and east end of the project area to accommodate two-lane two-way traffic
- Remove and replace road signs
- Constructing a snow fence to mitigate snow drifts on Hwy 60 at the Watonwan River Bridge.
- Removing or replacing guardrails
- Resurfacing and upgrades to the Hwy 4/County Rd 27 bridge and County Rd 12 bridge over Hwy 60
- Reconstructing the exit and entrance to rest area