Mapleton - Mankato
1. Reconstruction of Hwy 22 (2017-2018)
- This project includes Highway 22 from Mapleton to Blue Earth County Road 15.
- Pavements are deteriorating and reconstruction is being planned for this segment.
- Left turn lanes at key intersections are also part of the project and require the purchase of right-of-way. Blue Earth County Road 10, 16 and 8 are being considered.
- The Big Cobb River Bridge at Beauford is scheduled to be replaced.
- Stormwater pond construction (MPCA requirement)
- Detour required each year (includes construction staging information)
- Cost estimate: $23.1 million
2. Safety Project at Hwy 22 and County Road 90 (2018)
- This project includes constructing a roundabout at Highway 22 and Blue Earth County Road 90
- Includes a thin mill and overlay from Blue Earth County Road 15 to County Road 90
- Addition of left turn lanes into residential areas just north and south of County Road 90
- Uses same detour as work on Hwy 22 in 2018
- Joint safety project with Blue Earth County
- Cost estimate: $4 million
3. Victory Drive Memorial Corridor Project (2019)
- Detours will be necessary to replace bridges, culverts and where pavement is reconstructed.
- Detour will be necessary for construction of roundabout at Hwy 22 and CR 90