Public meetings and events
Past meetings and materials
- November 9, 2021 - MnDOT hosted a celebration event for the opening of traffic on the new Highway 14 route between Dodge Center and Owatonna. A program of speakers provided remarks, the Triton High School Band played the national anthem and a ceremonial ribbon cutting took place.
- March 3, 2021 - MnDOT hosted two public meetings. The project management team provided an update about the project progress and the work to be done in 2021. A recording of the morning meeting and a copy of the presentation is available for review.
- January 12, 2017 - Hwy 14 Partnership Meeting Presentation (PowerPoint)
- August 19, 2014 - Public meeting
- June 18, 2014 - Dodge County PAC met for an agency update on Hwy 14 Pre-Design activities.
- May 28, 2014 - Steele County PAC met for an agency update on Hwy 14 Pre-Design activities.
- May 23, 2011 - MnDOT was invited by City of Claremont to present at a public hearing for municipal consent.
- August 30, 2010 - The public was invited to attend an open house on the Hwy 14 Improvement Project. MnDOT officials were available to answer questions and provide information concerning the Final Environmental Impact Statement.
- October 27 & 30, 2008 - MnDOT hosted two public hearings/open house meetings to afford the public an opportunity to learn more about the project and Draft EIS.
- March 25, 2008 - The public was invited to provide input on the Hwy 14 improvement project, including new options associated with a potential southern bypass of Claremont. The event was held at the Claremont American Legion from 5:30 to 8 p.m., with formal presentations at 5:30 p.m. and at 7 p.m. again. Maps illustrating four southern bypass alignment options were presented. Public input was sought regarding current areas of concern as well as those that will be impacted. Following the public meeting, the City of Claremont officially requested that MnDOT consider south bypass option 4 in the Draft EIS.
- April 19, 2007 - On April 19, 2007; over seventy-five people attended the second public meeting for the Highway Improvement Project. The meeting was again held at the Triton High School Cafeteria. The purpose of the meeting was to present preliminary concepts for reconstructing Hwy 14 and I-35 in Owatonna to the four-lane bypass near Dodge Center. Both Alternative 2 (existing alignment) and Alternative 3 (south bypass alignment) were presented. The intent of the meeting was not to select a preferred alternative, but rather to receive input that will be used to modify the alternatives before they are assessed for social, economic, and environmental impacts in the Draft EIS. Numerous verbal and written comments were received at the meeting.
- December 12, 2006 - On December 12, 2006; over one hundred individuals attended the Highway 14 Scoping Open House meeting. The purpose of the meeting was to introduce the project, receive comments on the Scoping Document/Draft Scoping Decision Document, and to present the alignment alternatives being considered. Twenty public/agency comments were received in writing during the official comment period. These comments have been responded to in the Scoping Decision Document.