About the project
A coordinated effort
MnDOT, in cooperation with the Ontario Ministry of Transportation, has currently started construction for the replacement of the Baudette/Rainy River International Bridge on Hwy 72 in the City of Baudette, Minn. and Hwy 11 in the Town of Rainy River, Ontario.
(updated June 29)
- The Contractor began moving in equipment and doing site preparation work the weeks of June 11 and June 25.
- Beginning the week of July 2 the contractor will begin construction of a 250 foot temporary causeway into the Rainy River on the Minnesota side to have a working space to construct the bridge abutment and first river pier.
Visit the photo gallery to view pictures of construction progress.
- No significant work completed yet
- Overall traffic impacts will be minimal as the new bridge will be constructed along side of the old bridge.
- Through traffic will be maintained during the construction project.
- Traffic will encounter construction equipment on the Minnesota side which will be hauling equipment and material, to and from the temporary causeway that is adjacent to the existing bridge.