Tools and resources
Where are the construction projects?
There are several ways to find out about upcoming projects on state highways. Note: Not all of these projects involve right-of-way work.
- State Highway Improvement Program All projects in the STIP have been scheduled for construction within the next four years. This is the most comprehensive list of planned projects. Updated annually.
- Annual Construction Announcement lists and maps of all projects on state highways for the coming construction season. Updated annually in March
- Current road work Detailed information about state highway projects currently underway.
- Future projects Projects beginning in future years along with potential projects being studied
- Public meetings and hearings Open houses, workshops and other opportunities to get involved in transportation planning
How can I get information for my area?
MnDOT district offices: All utility providors are invited to annual meetings with MnDOT district staff to learn about projects that might provide opportunities for broadband installation.
These meetings, and your district utility coordinators, are the best way for you to find out about opportunities for Broadband installation.
Area Transportation Partnerships: ATPs develop regional transportation improvement programs for their area of the state. Staying in touch with your ATP can help you learn about long-range planning efforts.
- Learn more about utility agreements and permits