Airport Manager References: Airport Lease Agreements
Airport leases are important tools to help set and enforce standards at Minnesota airports. Leases can also ensure compliance with State and Federal obligations, preserve airport safety, and confirm airport operational reliability. To assist airport managers and owners in the development of airport leases, MnDOT is providing resources and sample leases.
Resources and Guidance for Writing a Lease:
- AirTAP Briefings – Navigating Airport Leases and Agreements (PDF)
- AirTAP – Managing Airport Property: Leases, Operating Agreements, and Minimum Standards (PDF)
- ACRP – Guidebook for Developing and Leasing Airport Property (PDF)
- MAC – Reliever Airports Lease Policies, Rules, and Regulations
- League of Minnesota Cities – Municipal Airport Owner’s Guide (PDF)