Aviation Clubs and Organizations
- The American Society Of Aviation Artists is a non-profit organization founded in 1986 which brings together persons who share a love of art with themes of aviation and aerospace.
- The EAA was founded in 1953 by a group of individuals who were interested in building their own airplanes.
- Through the decades, the organization has expanded to include antiques, classics, warbirds, aerobatic aircraft, ultralights, helicopters, and contemporary manufactured aircraft.
- More importantly, the organization focuses on people, offering the opportunity to make new aviation friends and form relationships while encouraging the sharing of information, stories, and enthusiasm.
- The Civil Air Patrol (CAP) is the civilian auxiliary of the United States Air Force.
- CAP is a benevolent, non-profit organization whose 65,000 members execute over 90% of all federally funded inland Search and Rescue missions.
- The United States Congress mandated three missions for CAP in its charter: Emergency Services, Cadet Programs, and Aerospace Education. CAP utilizes over 550 organization-owned aircraft, over 4,000 member owned aircraft, and almost 1,000 ground vehicles nationwide to execute its missions.
- The most comprehensive site on the Internet about soaring and gliding.