Minnesota Department of Transportation

511 Travel Info

Safety Rest Areas & Waysides


Services contacts

Comments and complaints

Are our rest areas meeting your needs? Email us about your experience. If your comments are site-specific, please include:

  • Date/time of your visit
  • Highway
  • Nearest city or interchange

Vending refunds

Snacks and beverages - To request refunds from snack and beverage vending machines, call 1-800-383-8155 or email Minnesota State Services for the Blind. Please include the name of the facility and its location in your request.

Newspapers - To request refunds from newspaper vending machines, contact the newspaper or the newspaper distributor directly. MnDOT is not responsible for newspaper vending services provided at rest areas.

Lost and found

Report a lost or found item at a rest area. Please include the rest area location and a detailed description of the item(s).