About this project
Crews will reconfigure Hwy 51/Snelling Ave. between Montreal Ave. and Ford Pkwy. in St. Paul in 2024. This traffic safety project will construct a center median, reconstruct the traffic signal at Montreal Ave. and Snelling Ave., reduce traffic to one lane in each direction with dedicated left turns at the median breaks, remove parking along Snelling Ave., and construct a new 10’ multi-use trail on the east side of Snelling Ave.
If you would like to receive a copy of the project layout, please contact us.
Summary of work
- Construct center median along Snelling Ave., with breaks for designated left turns at Bohland
Ave. and Saunders Ave.
- Improve drainage along the project area
- Construct 10’ multi-use trail on the east side of Snelling Ave.
- Improve the sidewalk on the west side from a 5’ sidewalk to 6’ sidewalk, and install ADA
crossings along Snelling Ave.
- Reconstruct the traffic signal at Snelling Ave. and Montreal Ave.