No impacts are anticipated through Winter 2022-23.
Information about upcoming traffic impacts will be posted as details become available.
- The Hiawatha Ave./35th St. intersection will be closed to EB/WB traffic for traffic signal replacement and crosswalk installation
- Detour: 35th St. traffic will use 32nd St. to cross Hiawatha Ave.
- Final restoration will take place throughout the project area including final paving of crosswalks and removing construction equipment from the area
Centerpoint Energy and Xcel Energy will be working on Hiawatha Ave. between 35th St. and 46th St. This work will require temporary, short-term lane closures in both directions of Hiawatha Ave.
About this project
Crews will resurface Hwy 55/Hiawatha Ave. between I-35W and Hwy 62 and repair bridges from Hiawatha Ave. to 7th St., from 8th St. to Hiawatha Ave. and on SB Hiawatha Ave. over Franklin Ave.
Summary of work
- Resurface Hiawatha Ave. between I-35W and Hwy 62
- Repair three bridges
- Update accessibility at intersections