History of Hwy 10 at this location
Numerous studies and corridor planning efforts over the past several years have worked to engage with community stakeholders and develop a vision for the Hwy 10 corridor. These studies include the Hwy 10 Access Planning Study in 2014 and the Anoka Solution Plan in 2015. Copies of the studies are available on request, please contact us.
In 2022-2023, work will be taking place at multiple locations and intersections on Hwy 10 in Anoka. Construction information and traffic impacts from the Anoka Solution improvements on the west side of Anoka and the Rum River bridge replacement on the east side of Anoka are coordinated as the Hwy 10 Anoka project on this website.
- Hwy 10 carries an average of 33,500 vehicles per day on the west end of the study area to 61,000 vehicles per day on the east end
- Speeds for eastbound traffic in the morning peak average 41 mph while speeds for westbound traffic in the evening peak average 35 mph – both compared to 61 mph average speed in uncongested conditions
- Evening backups on westbound Hwy 10 extend from Fairoak Ave. to the Rum River, more than a mile
- Significant peak hour backups occur on cross streets
- Crashes, emergency responders and weather significantly impact travel time
- Train crossings frequently cause delay on the cross streets and limit access to Hwy 10