I-35W Minnesota River Bridge
SP 1981-124, Letting May 2018
Project purpose, benefits
MnDOT, in partnership with Dakota County, Hennepin County, the City of Bloomington, and the City of Burnsville, is developing a project to replace the bridge and pavement on I-35W between Cliff Road and 106th Street. As part of the project the profile of I-35W will be raised out of the floodplain and pedestrian access will be improved across the river.
Approximate cost: $120 million.
- Reconstruct I-35W Bridge spanning the Minnesota River
- Construct trail between Black Dog Road and 106th Street
- Improve signing, lighting, and drainage
- Metro Area Large Project Schedules
- Request for Letters of Interest (PDF) – Released Aug. 1, 2017 and must be submitted by Sept. 29, 2017
- RFQ (Word) – October 2017
- Shortlisted Teams (Word) – Nov. 9, 2017
- RFP Release – Feb. 15, 2018
- Letting (Excel) – May 9, 2018
- Construction Start – Midsummer 2018
Post-Letting Document Control System
****Plans for the existing MN river bridge (#5983) are available to currently shortlisted teams (only). However, anyone wishing to receive these plans is required to first complete and sign a Bridge Data Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Acknowledgment form given the bridge’s security status. Please contact the Bridge Design-Build Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to receive existing bridge plans.****
RFP kickoff and DBE Meet and Greet
February 6, 2018
8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
MnDOT Metro Headquarters (Water’s Edge)
1500 W County Road B2
Roseville, MN 55113