Summary of work
- MnDOT partnered with the city of Pipestone to temporarily install two demonstration projects during the summer of 2021.
- Bump-outs weere installed at Hwy 75 and 4th St.
- A median island refuge was installed on Hwy 75 near 5th St.
- Both temporary projects were removed on Sept. 21.
What are demonstration projects?
- Demonstration projects are short term, low cost, temporary roadway projects to promote and advance walking and bicycling.
- Projects include, but are not limited to, bicycle lanes, crosswalk markings, curb extensions and median safety islands.
- Community input from online and paper surveys will be presented to the city of Pipestone. No projects are scheduled at this time.
- Decisions on what, if any, safety projects will be permanently installed will be approved by MnDOT and the city of Pipestone.
MnDOT District 8 Traffic Engineer