About this project
Hwy 22 from approximately a quarter of a mile south of Mapleton to the north city limits of Wells, including the Hwy 22/Hwy 109/Faribault County Road 29 intersection, will be resurfaced in 2023. The project will go through Minnesota Lake, where Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) improvements will be made by adding new curb ramps and updating existing sidewalk.
- Improved pavement, smoother road surface
- Improved drainage throughout the corridor
- Improved safety through:
- Potential turn lane modifications and/or additions
- Access modifications
- Added lighting at various county road intersections
- ADA work in Minnesota Lake
The project is currently being scoped, so specific elements have not been finalized. MnDOT is analyzing a variety of criteria, including traffic counts, traffic types, crash data, pedestrian accommodations and other considerations that will aid in the final scope of the project.