The Minnesota Department of Transportation is partnering with the City of Pelican Rapids for the 2024 resurfacing and reconstruction project on Highways 59 and 108 in Pelican Rapids.
The project will address pavement concerns, pedestrian accessibility (ADA) requirements and storm sewer needs. As part of this project, the City of Pelican Rapids will be replacing up to 25 blocks of city utilities.
In 2019, the City of Pelican Rapids worked with MnDOT and PartnerSHIP 4 Health to conduct a planning study ahead of MnDOT's design phase. The planning study helped aid the City of Pelican Rapids in applying for Transportation Alternative grants in 2020.
Key project elements
- Resurface Hwys 59 and 108 in Pelican Rapids
- Utility replacement
- Sidewalk improvements
- Bicycle & ADA accessibility upgrades
- Additional right of way for construction
- Construction impacts (detours, closures & delays)
- Environmental and business impacts