About this project
MnDOT will reconstruct and improve motorist and pedestrian safety on Hwy 71/Main Street South in Sauk Centre, Stearns County, in 2025.
- Those who bike, walk or drive are invited to try out a walk/bike lane demo project along Hwy 71 in Sauk Centre through October 2020. Learn more
- Thank you to all those who participated in an online survey Aug. 12 -Sept. 12, 2020. Your insight will help us plan future projects.
Summary of work
- Reconstruct Hwy 71 from I-94 to Main Street North
- Replace city water main, sewer and underground utilities
- Install new curb and gutter and storm sewer
- Upgrade, install signal system at Sinclair Lewis Avenue
- Improve the intersection of Main Street North and Hwy 71
- Widen and extend pedestrian sidewalks and road approaches
- Improve pedestrian/bicycle access across the Sauk River bridge
- Project requires road and sidewalk closures with detours