Hazardous materials transportation
A hazardous material is a substance or material capable of posing "unreasonable risk" to health, safety and property when transported in commerce.
If you ship, offer or transport these materials, then federal and state regulations apply that help you safely secure loads and segregate hazards.
- Hazardous materials transportation training modules (Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration)
- Hazardous materials regulations overview (PDF)
- Federal regulations and compliance (Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration)
- Minnesota regulations of hazardous materials (MN Revisor of Statutes)
- Anhydrous ammonia (MN Dept. of Agriculture)
Report a hazardous materials incident
If you are involved in an incident where a release (or a suspected release) of a hazardous material has taken place, you should: