This solicitation will select up to two communities for quick-build/demonstration project technical assistance. We will support communities seeking streetside activation assistance or open street event assistance.
How it works
- Our consultant team will work with you to plan for and install your project in the summer of 2023.
- The total value of consultant support and materials for the project is a maximum of $25,000 per community.
Streetside activation projects change non-travel lane parts of the street. This work could happen on sidewalks, boulevards, parking spaces, or plazas. Ideas include parklets, landscaping, art exhibits, outdoor dining/seating, and bicycle parking.
Open street event projects close the street to cars and trucks for a short time. While cars and trucks are away the street becomes a place for experimenting with new ideas. Ideas include play streets, school zones, markets, festivals, plazas, art installations, and other community uses.
We support quick-build / demonstration project work to grow interest in active transportation and help communities test new ideas. Combined applications from multiple organizations are welcome.
Both public and nonprofit entities (with support from their local road authority) may submit applications for funding.
- Federally Recognized Tribal Nations
- Regional Development Organizations
- Metropolitan Planning Organizations
- Non-Profit Organizations (with letter of support from local government who will own the plan)
It is up to you to determine what will type of project will work best in your community.
What you'll need
- Active Transportation Program equity score
- Letters of support to upload with your application
- 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 23, 2022.
We'll provide two webinars to go over the application requirements. Both webinars will cover the same materials, it is not necessary to attend both.
- Thursday, Dec. 1, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
- Join Dec. 1 webinar via Microsoft Teams
- Passcode: JMM9K5
- Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022, 1 p.m.
- Join Dec. 6 webinar via Microsoft Teams
- Passcode: 2KqQmj
After you apply
- Submitted by the deadline
- Eligibility requirements
We will use a group of internal and external professionals with experience in quick-build / demonstration projects to evaluate applications using the following scoring criteria.
- We'll announce awards in early 2023
- We'll start working together in late-spring of 2023.