Traffic Safety maintains a crash database and provides crash data procurement and analysis. The data is gathered from multiple sources of information and assists in the planning of safety programs and projects. It is important that the data is accurate and timely. There are five basic components in the hazard identification process:
- Establish a crash records database and safety objectives
- Review the crash records, identify crash frequencies/rates, compare to safety objectives and identify potential problem locations
- Develop alternative mitigation strategies
- Implement safety projects
- Evaluate the effectiveness of safety projects through a before/after or other appropriate study.
Crash data requests
Please allow ample time to process any request. The major limitation is the availability of the data and the resources to fill a request. For assistance, contact the Department of Public Safety.
All information is prepared annually upon the completion of the Department of Public Safety's Crash Facts.