Minnesota Department of Transportation

511 Travel Info

Temporary outdoor dining

Permit applications are no longer being accepted for 2020. Highways must be restored to previous condition.

Temporary Outdoor Dining Permit

Minnesota cities and townships can apply to use part of the state highway right of way to serve food and beverages. 

Restaurants must contact their local municipality for permits.

Municipality requirements