Coordinates in the KMZ input files are approximate and should be used for reference only. Please see the Geodetic Database station files for accurate information.
KML Help Resources
- HELP for Google Earth® Users - PDF (101 KB)
- Right of Way Mapping and Monitoring
- Right of Way Map Order Form
- Geodetic Monument Viewer
- MnCORS Network Status Map
- Surveying and Mapping Manuals
- OLM ftp site
KML Input Files in KMZ Format
Several companies, such as Google, Bentley, ESRI, and Microsoft, have software products that can display or otherwise use KML files. You will need to install one of them to view this file.
You can get a copy of MnDOT_Geodetic_Control.kmz using one of the three methods below:
- Click the direct link on this page, which will give a choice of opening or saving the file. Depending upon your computer settings, this link may also open the default viewer with the Geodetic control points in view.
- Put the "KMZ Download" link on your desktop. Clicking it works the same as above.
- Install "MnViewControl". It compares the newest KMZ with the local copy.
To Obtain KMZ Files:
- Download or Open the Geodetic Control KMZ File
- Left-click and drag this shortcut KMZ Download onto your desktop.
If dragging does not work, right-click -> copy shortcut, then right-click on desktop -> paste shortcut.
- Download and install MnViewControl
This will take you to the disclaimer page. Click "I accept these conditions" to proceed.
Click "MnViewContol" at the top of the software page to proceed with the download.
Also Available: CORS Network KMZ File
If you experience any problems with the data, please call 651-366-3464.
KMZ Input File Details
A KMZ file is a standard zip file that contains an input file in KML format.
Points are grouped by counties, which can be turned on or off independently.
In each county, six types of control marks can be turned on or off independently.
The types are HARN, Vertical, Horizontal, 3-D H+V, Other, and Unpositioned:
HARN (Red Star) H-Order A or B & V-Order Any
VERT (Blue Square) H-Order NOT A, B, or C & V-Order 1 or 2
HORZ (Purple Triangle) H-Order C & V-Order NOT 1 or 2
HORZ+VERT (Green Diamond) H-Order C & V-Order 1 or 2
OTHER (Red Cross) H-Order NOT A,B,C, or NULL & V-Order NOT 1,2, or NULL
UNPOS (Orange Circle) H-Order NULL; V-Order NULL