Property and structure sales
MnDOT sells surplus properties and structures on a regular basis via sealed bid or immediate sale.
Bid openings will be conducted via the MnDOT Live video streaming service. The bid opening sessions will be initiated 10 minutes prior to the scheduled bid opening time. A reliable internet connection is required to view the bid openings.
All bids must be received in Central Office – Becky Swenson, 395 John Ireland Blvd, St. Paul, MN 55155 by 1:45 PM. on the day of the bid opening at the first floor reception desk to be considered.
Contact Becky Swenson with any questions or concerns at 612-322-0387 or by email at LandSales.MN.DOT@state.mn.us.
Interactive property map
Current properties for sale by bid
- Sale 139572 (PDF) - 9 Acres of Land with a partially constructed Home located at 1750 Hwy 16, La Crescent, Houston County, MN. *Bid Opening April 11, 2023
- Sale 139556 (PDF) - 17,005 Square Feet of Vacant Land located on E. Alabama Street just west of the TH 52 Bridge, St. Paul, Ramsey County, MN. *Bid Opening April 11, 2023
- Sale 139566 (PDF) - 57.50 Acres of Land containing a Single Family Home and several Outbuildings located at 32388 308th Lane, Henderson, Sibley County, MN. The land is encumbered by a conservation easement. *Bid ON HOLD until further notice. Bid Opening was not held on November 10, 2022 as previously scheduled.
Structures for sale (0)
See the list of structures owned by MnDOT which are currently available for purchase or transfer.
Over-the-counter sales (4)
See the list of properties currently owned by MnDOT which are available for immediate purchase.
Other state property sale sites
The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources and Department of Administration also periodically sell surplus property.
Find out more below:
- Minnesota Department of Natural Resources - Land for sale
- Minnesota Department of Administration - Available Real Estate
Sign up for land sale email updates
Last Update: March 21, 2023