About this project
Crews replaced the signal system at the interchange of Hwy 10 and Round Lake Blvd. and realigned the loop from NB Round Lake Blvd. to WB Hwy 10, in partnership with the city of Coon Rapids and Anoka County. Other improvements included repairs to the Round Lake Blvd. bridge over Hwy 10, new concrete barrier and sidewalk, along with upgrades to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
Summary of work
- Replaced the north and south signal systems at the interchange
- Realigned the ramp from NB Round Lake Blvd. to WB Hwy 10
- Repaired Round Lake Blvd. bridge expansion joints
- Resurfaced the roadway approaches to the bridge
- Narrowed concrete median barrier on the bridge
- Installed new concrete barrier on the sidewalk
- Converted the northbound Round Lake Blvd. bridge shoulder to a sidewalk that meets Americans with Disability Act (ADA) standards
- Installed a new sidewalk on the east side of Round Lake Blvd. from the Riverdale Shopping area to just south of Northdale Blvd.