- Advanced Materials & Technology
- FHWA Pavements
- Grading and Base
- Lab Testing and Inspection
- Local Road Research Board (LRRB)
- Materials Engineering
- MnDOT Technical Certification
- Pavement Design
- Pavement Management
- Seasonal Load Limits
- Smoothness Program
- State Aid
2014 Inertial Profiler Certification Program
Dates: April 28-30; May 1, 5-8
Location: MnROAD Research Facility
Inception: MnDOT began its profiler certification program in 2002.
- To provide a calibration standard against which all inertial profilers can be tested
- To verify the validity and reliability of data collected by inertial profilers
Inertial Profiler Certification Procedures: 2014 MnDOT Inertial Profiler Certification Program
Operator Certification: Any profiling conducted on a MnDOT Pavement Surface Smoothness Specification project must be performed by a certified Inertial Profiler operator. In order to become a certified operator, one must successfully complete an online training course and examination. The certification course and exam are free of charge.
Equipment Certification: All inertial profilers used on MnDOT projects must be certified prior to official data collection. Certification is held each spring at the MnROAD Research Facility in Albertville, MN.
Settings for Passing Inertial Profilers: At present, no Inertial Profilers are certified for the 2014 construction season.