Inertial profiler certification program
- To provide a calibration standard against which all inertial profilers can be tested
- To verify the validity and reliability of data collected by inertial profilers
All inertial profilers used on MnDOT projects must be certified prior to official data collection. Certification is held each spring at the MnROAD Research Facility in Albertville, MN. Operators are required to thoroughly read MnDOT's Inertial Profiler Certification Procedures before participating in a certification test. Equipment certification is free of charge for contractors with MnDOT paving projects during the current calendar year.
Any profiling conducted on a MnDOT project must be performed by a certified inertial profiler operator. To become a certified operator, one must successfully complete MnDOT's Pavement Surface Smoothness Specification training. This online course, which takes roughly 1.5 hours to finish, is free of charge. Although the training was designed for contractors who conduct pavement profiling on a MnDOT project, it is available to everyone.
Settings for certified inertial profilers
At present, no inertial profilers are certified for data collection on 2020 projects.
- American Engineering Testing High Speed Profiler 26582/26583
- Anderson Brothers High Speed Profiler 830316
- Central Specialties High Speed Profiler 830117
- Croell Inc. Lightweight Profiler 621011
- Diamond Surface High Speed Profiler VIN ~8895 21926/21393
- Doyle Conner Lightweight Profiler 621108
- Interstate Improvement High Speed Profiler 830416
- Knife River High Speed Profiler 800503
- Mathy Construction High Speed Profiler 52350/52347
- Minnesota Paving & Materials High Speed Profiler 10534/10536
- Northern Improvement High Speed Profiler 830614
- PCI Roads Lightweight Profiler 601305
- PCI Roads Lightweight Profiler 620506
- PCI Roads Lightweight Profiler 621208
- Shafer Contracting Lightweight Profiler 630217
- SPC Engineering High Speed Profiler 820811