New Library Materials
Items added during: April 2015
Research Services Section
395 John Ireland Boulevard
Mail Stop 155
Saint Paul, MN 55155
Thanks to the MN City and County Engineers and Practitioners Who Took Our Library Survey
by Sheila Hatchell
In March we surveyed city and county engineers and practitioners about library resources and services. Our goals in conducting the survey included:
- Learning what types of information local officials use in their work;
- Raising awareness that a complete range of library services is available to city and county practitioners through funding provided by the Minnesota Local Road Research Board (LRRB);
- Reminding customers that we serve everyone throughout the state – you do not need to visit the library or work in Saint Paul to utilize library services.
The majority of survey respondents (62%) said they have used MnDOT Library and indicated the following:
- MnDOT Library makes a vast amount of information available;
- Services are easy to use;
- Customers receive quick responses to their requests.
We also learned that a small number of survey respondents didn't realize MnDOT Library could help them. Minnesota city and county practitioners receive the same level of service as MnDOT staff. If you have not yet contacted MnDOT Library for assistance, I encourage you to do so the next time you need information for any aspect of your work: standards, specs, handbooks, manuals, PE exam materials, HR-related topics, leadership development, or recent literature about any other transportation topic. We are here to serve your information needs.
If you have any questions, please contact MnDOT Library staff by phone at 651-366-3791, by e-mail at email@example.com, by request form at Ask a Librarian, or in person (8:00 am - 4:30 pm, Monday - Friday).
How to See Listed Resources
Click the checkbox next to the title(s) you would like; then fill in and submit the form at the bottom of this page. You can also email us a list of titles at firstname.lastname@example.org. Each title is linked to the full catalog record for more details.
Documents and Databases
Transportation Library Resources
Mail Stop 155
395 John Ireland Blvd.
St. Paul, MN 55155