History & significance
Bridge L8507 is a single-span, reinforced-concrete, filled-spandrel, barrel-arch bridge constructed in 1912. It carries Seven Bridges Road (also known as Snively Boulevard) over Amity Creek in Duluth, and was one of eight stone-faced bridges along the boulevard that were designed by the Minneapolis firm of Morrell and Nichols. Four of the historic bridges, including this one, remain. Seven Bridges Road is a contributing segment to the Skyline Parkway Historic District and Bridge L8507 is significant as a contributing structure to the district.
Bridge L8507 underwent a major rehabilitation in 2000, when the entire bridge was repointed, the bituminous roadway was replaced, the railings were disassembled and re-built, and the underside of the arch was repaired. The northeast approach shoulder was washed out during the June 2012 flood event and is planned to be repaired in the summer of 2014.
City of Duluth (St. Louis County)
Latitude, Longitude: 46.85945956, -92.01406472