History & significance
Bridge L8503 is a single-span, reinforced-concrete, filled-spandrel, barrel-arch bridge constructed in 1912. The railings, headwalls, and wingwalls are constructed of stone, which appears to be locally quarried bluestone. The bridge carries Seven Bridges Road (also known as Snively Boulevard) over Amity Creek in Duluth, and was one of the eight stone-faced bridges along the boulevard that were designed by the Minneapolis firm of Morrell and Nichols. Four of the historic bridges, including this one, remain. Seven Bridges Road is a contributing segment of the Skyline Parkway Historic District and Bridge L8503 is significant as a contributing structure to the district.
City of Duluth (St. Louis County)
Latitude, Longitude: 46.85383496, -92.01135879