TED Media Materials
TED Handout (PDF)
TED Poster (96"x41", PDF)
- 2014 TED Solicitation Update
- TED grants for 2013 Announced
Ribbon cutting ceremony for Windom (Dec. 2013)
The Transportation Economic Development Program is a joint effort of the Department of Transportation and the Department of Employment and Economic Development. The program’s purpose is to fund construction, reconstruction, and improvement of state and local transportation infrastructure in order to:
- create and preserve jobs
- improve the state’s economic competitiveness
- increase the tax base
- accelerate transportation improvements to enhance safety and mobility
- promote partnerships with the private sector
The program provides state funding to close financing gaps for transportation infrastructure improvement construction costs. These improvements will enhance the statewide transportation network while promoting economic growth through the preservation or expansion of an existing business--or development of a new business.
Examples of TED projects
- Mille Lacs County used a TED grant to improve two miles of road so it could handle the heavier trucks from local businesses.
- Minnetonka will be using TED funds to install a westbound on-ramp at I-394 and Ridgedale Drive.
- Warehousing and distribution
- Research and development
- Agricultural processing
- Industrial park development