"The way business is done"
Diversity and inclusion at MnDOT
Within its Office of Equity and Diversity, MnDOT's diversity and inclusion unit exists to develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy within MnDOT. It also partners with and assists offices, groups and committees to effectively carry out agency goals.
- Develop a unified diversity and inclusion plan
- Policy and procedural analysis
- Internal consulting related to D&I issues and procedures
- Diversity Committee development and coordination
- Employee Resource Group development and coordination
- Mentoring development and coordination
- Training and facilitation
- Leadership development
- Dispute resolution/interventions
- Feedback and strategic development process
- Administer Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI)
MnDOT is integrating diversity and inclusion best practices into the agency. All goals and strategies are pointed in a common direction and plan, with no redundancy. This effectively integrates the processes and procedures of our organization into the way business is done.
Best practices promote inclusion, seek diversity, demonstrate respect, encourage creativity, advocate multiple views and approaches to decision making, respond to an ever-changing environment and ensure accountability.
MnDOT is charged with providing a high quality, dependable transportation system that enhances the quality of life for all Minnesotans.
To be successful, it is essential that MnDOT attract, hire and retain highly skilled individuals; promote and develop the diversity of employees and contractors; and make decisions and plans that are socially responsible and contribute to the public welfare of the communities that MnDOT serves.