I-35W North MnPASS
SP 6284-180, Letting: September 2018
Current public information about this project is available at mndot.gov/metro/projects/35wnorthmnpass.
Project purpose, benefits
The purpose of this project is to provide a long-term, sustainable option for all highway users (transit and non-transit) that improves pavement conditions, increases mobility, improves travel time reliability, and maintains or improves transit advantages on I-35W between TH 36 in the City of Roseville and Sunset Avenue (CSAH 53) in the City of Lino Lakes.
Add a lane to I-35W, which will be a MnPASS lane, from County Road C in Roseville to Lexington Ave (County Road 17) in Blaine.
Repave I-35W and ramps with an unbonded concrete overlay from County Road C in Roseville to 0.1 mile north of Sunset Ave (County Road 53) in Lino Lakes.
Project length is about 12 miles.
Replace the 4 I35W bridges at CR C and adjacent RR, replace the I35W bridge at CR I, and do bridge rehabilitation to the bridge from northbound I35W to westbound US 10.
Install 7 separate noise walls with a total length of about 4.1 miles.
Approximate cost: $200 million.
- Metro Area Large Project Schedules (PDF)
- Request for Letters of Interest (PDF) – Released Aug. 8, 2017 and must be submitted by April 2, 2018
- RFQ Release – April 5, 2018
- Shortlisted Teams (DOCX) – June 1, 2018
- RFP Release – June 6, 2018
- Addenda and Clarifications
- Letting – September 12, 2018
- The Apparent Best Value Proposer for this contract is Ames Construction. See “Shortlisted Teams” above for contact information.
- Construction Start – Lane closures on mainline I35W will not be allowed to start until March 15, 2019.
Post-Letting Document Control System
- Project FTP Site
- Public website
To be determined, but design oversight will likely be outsourced to consultants.