I-35W North MnPASS
SP 6284-180, Letting: Sept. 2018
Project purpose, benefits
The purpose of this project is to provide a long-term, sustainable option for all highway users (transit and non-transit) that improves pavement conditions, increases mobility, improves travel time reliability, and maintains or improves transit advantages on I-35W between TH 36 in the City of Roseville and Sunset Avenue (CSAH 53) in the City of Lino Lakes.
Add a lane to I-35W, which will be a MnPASS lane, from County Road C in Roseville to Lexington Ave (County Road 17) in Blaine.
Repave I-35W and ramps with an unbonded concrete overlay from County Road C in Roseville to 0.1 mile north of Sunset Ave (County Road 53) in Lino Lakes.
Project length is about 12 miles.
Replace the 4 I35W bridges at CR C and adjacent RR, replace the I35W bridge at CR I, and do bridge rehabilitation to the bridge from northbound I35W to westbound US 10.
Install 7 separate noise walls with a total length of about 4.1 miles.
Approximate cost: $200 million.
The project is fully funded.
- Metro Area Large Project Schedules
- Request for Letters of Interest – Released Aug. 8, 2017 and must be submitted by April 2, 2018
- RFQ Release – April 3, 2018
- Submit SOQs – May 15, 2018
- Shortlist Teams – May 30, 2018
- RFP Release – May 30, 2018
- Letting – September 12, 2018
- Construction Start – Lane closures on mainline I-35W will not be allowed to start until March 15, 2019.
Procurement coordination with SP 1981-124 I-35W Minnesota River Bridge
MnDOT understands that the same teams that bid on SP 1981-124 (I-35W MN River Bridge) may want to bid on SP 6284-180 (I-35W North MnPASS), and that the team that contractors that may win SP 1981-124 may still want to propose a team for SP 6284-180. MNDOT has carefully coordinated the procurement dates for both projects so the final submittal of SOQs for SP 6284-180 occurs 4 business days after the letting of SP 1981-124. The combined SP 1918-124 and SP 6284-180 procurement schedule is shown below.
- SP 1981-124 RFQ Release – October 2017
- SP 1981-124 Shortlist Teams – November 30, 2017
- SP 1981-124 RFP Release – January 30, 2018
- SP 6284-180 RFQ Release – April 3, 2018
- SP 1981-124 Letting – May 9, 2018
- SP 6284-180 Submit SOQs – May 15, 2018
- SP 6284-180 Shortlist Teams – May 30, 2018
- SP 6284-180 RFP Release – May 30, 2018
- SP 6284-180 Letting – September 12, 2018
To be determined, but design oversight will likely be outsourced to consultants.