About this project
Summary of work
- Resurface Hwy 212 from 2.3 miles east of Hwy 23 to CR 6 in Renville.
- Reconstruct Hwy 212 through Sacred Heart; sidewalks, pedestrian ramps and adjacent driveways will be upgraded to meet Americans with Disabilities (ADA) standards.
- Two storm water ponds are planned as part of storm sewer upgrades.
- A westbound passing lane between Granite Falls and Sacred Heart will also be constructed as part of the project (see work zone map below).
- Wed., May 31: Hwy 212 and CR 9 intersection closed 7 am to 7 pm. Detour route: North St., 160th St., 820th Ave.
- Road closure and detour began Monday, May 8 (see detour map below).
- Hwy 212 is closed from just east of Hwy 23 in Granite Falls to CR 6 in Renville (see work zone map below).
- Two intersections will remain open across Hwy 212 in Sacred Heart for local access during construction:
- Through traffic follows full detour: Hwy 23, Hwy 7, CR 7/CR 6 (see detour map below).
- Eastbound access to Sacred Heart will be provided using Hwy 23, Hwy 7, and CR 2/CR 9 (see detour map below).
- Westbound access to Sacred Heart will be provided using and CR 6, CR 11, and CR 9 (see detour map below).
May 30, 2023
- Work in Sacred Heart continues with removals and will move into underground utility work after that is complete.