About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Construct J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & McLeod CR 1. A permanent snow fence and improvements for people who walk and bike are also included in the CR 1 project.
- Construct a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- Both J-turns are designed to accommodate vehicles of all sizes, including semi-trucks, emergency vehicles and agricultural equipment.
- Construction of both J-turns will require a detour.
- Click here to view the Chandler Ave. detour.
- Click here to view the CR 1 detour.
Virtual open house
- You're invited to attend a virtual open house for the Hwy 212 Glencoe J-turn projects. Click here to visit the open house.
Additional construction projects in Glencoe area
- 2021: McLeod County and City of Glencoe expanded Morningside Drive in 2020. The road will be paved in 2021.
- 2021: The City of Glencoe will resurface 10th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Morningside Drive.
- 2021: McLeod County will be paving CR 2 from the Sibley County line to 10th St.
- 2022: MnDOT will construct a J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & CR 1 and a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- 2022: MnDOT will resurface Hwy 22 from the intersection of Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave. Upgrading of sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and some driveways are part of the project.
- 2022: McLeod County will pave five miles of CR 1 from CR 3 south to the county line.
- 2024: MnDOT will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 212 and Morningside Drive.
- Click here to view a map of all upcoming projects (PDF)