This project is complete
Summary of MnDOT work
- Construct a reduced conflict intersection (also known as a J-turn) at the intersection of Hwy 212 & McLeod County Road 1. A permanent snow fence and pedestrian improvements are also included in the CR 1 project.
- Construct a reduced conflict intersection (a partial J-turn) at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- Both reduced conflict intersections are designed to accommodate vehicles of all sizes, including semi-trucks, emergency vehicles and agricultural equipment.
August 15, 2022
- This project has been completed.
- Using the newly constructed intersection at Chandler Ave:
- To head east on Hwy 212 from Chandler, make a slight right turn onto Hwy 12, enter and complete the newly dedicated U-turn
- To head west on Hwy 212 from Chandler, make a right turn (no change)
- To turn onto Chandler from either direction on Hwy 212, simply enter the dedicated turn lane (no change)
- Using the newly construction intersection at Hwy 212/CR 1:
- To turn onto CR 1 from Hwy 212 there is no change - simply make a right turn.
- To turn right onto Hwy 212 from CR 1, there is no change, simply make a right turn.
- To turn left onto Hwy 212 from CR 1, make a slight right turn onto Hwy 212, enter, and complete the newly dedicated U-turn.
- To cross Hwy 212 from CR 1, make a slight right turn onto Hwy 212, enter, and complete the newly dedicated U-turn, and then turn right onto CR 1.
- Review how to use a J-turn at MnDOT's reduced conflict intersection web pages.
Additional construction projects in Glencoe area
- 2021: McLeod County and City of Glencoe expanded Morningside Drive in 2020. The road was paved in 2021.
- 2021: The City of Glencoe resurfaced 10th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Morningside Drive.
- 2021: McLeod County paved CR 2 from the Sibley County line to 10th St.
- 2022: MnDOT is constructing a J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & CR 1 and a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- 2022: MnDOT is resurfacing Hwy 22 from the intersection of Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave. Upgrading of sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and some driveways are part of the project.
- 2022: McLeod County is paving five miles of CR 1 from CR 3 south to the county line. The project coincides with MnDOT's Hwy 212 project listed above. Traffic will follow the posted McLeod County detours.
- 2024: MnDOT will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 212 and Morningside Drive.