About this project
Summary of MnDOT work
- Construct a reduced conflict intersection (also known as a J-turn) at the intersection of Hwy 212 & McLeod County Road 1. A permanent snow fence and pedestrian improvements are also included in the CR 1 project.
- Construct a reduced conflict intersection (a partial J-turn) at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- Both reduced conflict intersections are designed to accommodate vehicles of all sizes, including semi-trucks, emergency vehicles and agricultural equipment.
- The Chandler Avenue entrances to Hwy 212 will be closed during construction. Traffic will be detoured to 10th St. and Morningside Dr.
- View the Chandler Ave. detour map.
- The McLeod County Road 1 entrances to Hwy 212 will be closed during construction. A McLeod County Road 1 project coincides with this project, so traffic will be detoured to Morningside Drive and follow the posted McLeod County detour.
- View the CR 1 detour map.
Friday, June 24, 2022
- Hwy 212/Chandler Ave: work continues on the lighting system
- Hwy 212/CR 1: crews continued to work on grading, and have started concrete work
Additional construction projects in Glencoe area
- 2021: McLeod County and City of Glencoe expanded Morningside Drive in 2020. The road was paved in 2021.
- 2021: The City of Glencoe resurfaced 10th St. from Hennepin Ave. to Morningside Drive.
- 2021: McLeod County paved CR 2 from the Sibley County line to 10th St.
- 2022: MnDOT is constructing a J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & CR 1 and a partial J-turn at the intersection of Hwy 212 & Hwy 22/Chandler Ave.
- 2022: MnDOT is resurfacing Hwy 22 from the intersection of Hwy 212 to Cedar Ave. Upgrading of sidewalks, pedestrian crossings and some driveways are part of the project.
- 2022: McLeod County is paving five miles of CR 1 from CR 3 south to the county line. The project coincides with MnDOT's Hwy 212 project listed above. Traffic will follow the posted McLeod County detours.
- 2024: MnDOT will construct a roundabout at the intersection of Hwy 212 and Morningside Drive.
- View a map of all upcoming projects (PDF)